Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Why Did I Start "Recipes for Romance" Blog?

It is simple. I wanted to share with others something very special, something that changed my life and might help many of you, who also care for your own well being.

I used to suffer from severe migraine headaches and hospitalization was only a temporary relief for me. Pain drove me to search for answers. I will never forget when I was introduced to this new way of eating. I felt elated. The first time in my life I enjoyed to eat and to cook the food.
Yes, these two simple acts of eating and cooking became my meditation, the basis for leading a healthy and happy life.

From that time onwards, eating became both nourishing and pleasurable for me. I had discovered that cooking doesn't have to be boring. It's not hard work. It's easy and enjoyable. It is the beginning of Self-Romance, a form of meditation, as well as a wonderful relief from stress.

Since then I had never had to go to hospitals for such weakness of the body, or pay visit to doctors. I was so overjoyed with the knowledge and experience that I had gained that I wrote “Romancing the Stove” book.

These recipes do not belong to me. I was just a scribe that had put them together. I had learnt these authentic, nutritious and tasteful vegetarian cooking secrets directly from a Himalayan Master. These secrets come from ancient times, when there were no epidemics and few overweight people. Life was more peaceful and joyful. Food was tastier and natural.

Under my teacher's guidance, I had regained my health from the agony of stress and discovered the power and romance of eating for health.

If you want to try what Romancing the Stove is all about, I would love to presents you with my meditations in the form of recipes. Each dish is a part of the romance and is named appropriately for a specific mood or occasion. You will get into the spirit of each name while you prepare the food.

That is why I had created this Blog and called it: Recipes for Romance. Please join me and share your own recipes and your own experiences with others.

1 comment:

Cameron Sharpe said...

Your view of love is very well said. The problem with passion is it is selfish...its about how I feel at the moment. Love is not selfish, not real love. The real test of love is not when times are good, but when things get rough. I have a friend who stood by his wife when she got terrible cancer, and she shriveled from it. He never flinched from his devotion to his wife. That is an entirely different type of passion...to stand by your mate when things go bad. That is love.