Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Feel the Joy of Comfort Food That Warms Body and Soul


Do You Have this Comfort Food on Your List?

Tonight I am looking forward for a soothing warm, and simple joy. It is made out of Cream of Wheat; and called in Hindi “Shoji Halva”. It is reminding me of my comforting childhood moments. This dish invokes the feelings of love, safety, and security, epitomizing my father's home. Every time I cook it, I revisit the days of my ignorant bliss. Perhaps, it is also on your list.
Here it is my very favourite Comfort Food Recipe.
Preparation 7 min
Serves 4
1. 1 cup of Shoji;
2. 1tbs of Ghee (clarified butter);
3. 1/2 cup of raisins;
4. 2 cardamoms;
5. 2 cups of milk;
6. 2 cups of boiling water;
7. Salt to taste;
8. Brown sugar to taste;

Heat the ghee in a heavy pot;
Add cardamom, raisins, salt, and sugar and sauté for 1 min;
Add Shoji and roast it until slightly golden;
Slowly pour hot water and then milk;
Stir continuously for 5 minutes or until ready;
Enjoy! Feel the warmth of Love, enveloping your body and soul.

No comments: